How Bad Is Lower Back Pain?
One of the scariest problems that have haunted millions of people in this generation is lower back pain. In a few extreme cases, people even find it difficult to take care of their daily activities. Pilates is one such rare form of exercise that can help you counter the problem of back pain. To understand the situation more clear, you must start with the basic question of how does the problem even occur? The answer to the question is quite simple. It is all about control. If you lose control of the muscles that support your lower back, there is a chance of weakening them which would fatal in performing a lot of everyday activities.
What Does Pilates Offer To Lower Back Pain?
Pilates is one such form of exercise which wouldn’t require your athletic capabilities. The whole purpose of pilates is to improve control and balance. A few simple stretches can help with lower back pain. Also, some of the exercises need you to keep up a good diet routine for good results. Let us now look at four famous pilates exercises to bring stability to the Lower back.
Leg And Arm Stretch Pilates
- Push your right leg forward to gain a position as shown in the image. Then stretch both your arms up.
- Try to balance and relax
- Repeat the same but with left leg forward this time.
A Reverse V Pose Pilates For Lower Back Pain
Although this is not advised in case of severe pain in the back, this pose comes with its own benefits.
- Try to keep your knee straight and reach both your hands to the group to form a reverse-V shape.
- Control the pose and feel relaxed.
- Repeat for three to five times for at least a minute and a half each time.
This is one of the easiest stretches of the lot.
- Lay flat on a yoga mat and lift your leg up in a slow and controlled way.
- Make sure that you won’t put extra effort into the pose and put only the amount of energy required.
- Repeat with both the legs with a repetition of up to 5 times in every set.
This is one of the basic pilates that would be taught in almost every yoga studio. The exercise can be performed in more than one way.
- As before, Lay flat on the ground with legs stretched towards your back.
- Put your hands on your chest and try to lift your chest as much as you can in a controlled manner.
- You can do it 5 times in every set.
Hence, Pilates can help you counter the lower back pain problems. Even though there is a hell lot of pilates, some are only advised based on the age and strength of the person. So, it is important to keep in mind the kind of exercises you can afford by slowly taking it to the next level.